Wednesday 10 April 2013

Day 25 - Last day and return home.

Today is our last day in the USA. Checkout isn't until 11am so a couple have high tailed it down to the platform at Fullerton to get those last minute photos and video shots.

My tripod is now kaput and won't be coming home with me so no more videos.

First thing to do is to drop off Lloyd Cross at LAX as he has a connecting flight to Mississippi to visit family before he goes home.

We'll then most likely return to Fullerton to kill some time before returning the vehicles. I've been quite happy to not be driving for a few days - the LA freeways are a nightmare, not a problem if you use them every day, but for a first timer they can be a bit of a concern.

We don't depart LAX until about 10 tonight. All night flight and arrive in Auckland around 6:00 am. I have about 2 hours before I connect with my flight to Palmerston North. If I miss it I won't be concerned, at least I'll be in the right country. It's currently Wednesday morning here and the flight back home will result in us not ever seeing Thursday as we land friday Morning.

It'll take a few weeks to settle down and analyse the trip and sort out the good from the bad, sort through all the video footage and photos.

Not looking forward to going back to work on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment